Thursday 3 July 2014

Final Newsletter, July 2014
oh what fun we had…………

I have been writing these newsletters each month since March 2013 and as the deadline rolled toward me each time, and sometimes passed me by, I gathered my notes together and shared my ideas - sometimes big, sometimes small, always heartfelt.  


It has been a privilege to bring together all my passions under one banner and many lovely people have shared their own creative and philosophical journeys with me.  I have learned so much too - that being authentic is both freeing and difficult; that being true to all our passions at once can bring great joy but can also cause pain when conflicting needs arise and balance is threatened; that there is an important difference between striving with the wind behind you and soldiering on when you have run out of supplies.

Most importantly I have learned:

  • that you can hold onto a dream so hard that you won’t let go even when you need to.
  • that letting go hurts at first but then leads to wonderful clarity.
  • that all businesses adapt and change, adapt and change…and so will this one.
  • that restocking your supplies and marking out your next adventure is lots of fun!

And so I am taking the lessons about writing, planning, sharing, simplicity and adaptability to new ventures.

My skills and commitment to counselling are going to be given their own place at Northbound Counselling in Fairfield Victoria.  Here I am offering the calm, dedicated space best suited to personal counselling work and focus on support for stress, depression, body images and eating disorder recovery for individuals and parents.  Relaxation and mindfulness techniques, creative counselling options and a gentle client-centred approach are available. 


My creative side will be free to play at Fiona Claire: Music, Songwriting and Creativity, for which I will soon modify my current website.  Here I can let go a little and give over to the whimsical artist.  However I will still take the lesson of simplicity into this playground and focus quite clearly on my own music and Songwriting and Creativity Coaching services.  I am excited to bring a new look and new focus to this side of my business and will be unveiling some new performances, songwriting tuition and creativity coaching via Skype as well upcoming Songwriting Courses in groups.

There may be a little more freedom for the artist within....


All this means that I will have two quite different hats, but I won’t be having to wear them both at once!  It will make things a little clearer for both myself and my clients.
I do love my “one big sombrero” that I introduced to you back in April 2013, it is an awesome big hat that includes my many passions, however it turns out it is best kept as a metaphor for my life and can be a bit cumbersome when worn at all times.
There is something to be said for simplicity...


Although this is the last monthly newsletter in this format for now, they will still be available to read in archives and I will be writing short weekly updates and inspirational spots on my new look website, commencing very soon.  Let’s see if I keep them short and sweet - because I sure have enjoyed having the room to be verbose!

See you soon in the re-designed space.

Yours in ever changing, musical and personal adventures,

Regards, 

Fiona Claire.








No comments: